S03E09

就在他们要袭击我之前,有人打了我的手机,让我小心一点。


One minute before they attacked me, somebody called my cell and told me to expect it. 


变音器


A voice scrambler.


玛丽知道我手机放哪儿了,你可以查那个来电。


Marie's got my phone somewhere, if you want to run the incoming.


应该不会查到什么有用的东西。


Not that you're going to learn anything worth knowing. 


气色好多了。


Face looks better. 


想和我们聊聊吗?


Anything you want to tell us about?


混吃等死罢了。


One day pretty much bleeds into the next. 

(means that one day runs into the next without a borderline, just a constant flow of time.)


连锁店。连锁洗衣店。


It's totally corporate. Corporate Laundromat.


感觉就是很压抑,各种条条框框。


It's like rigid. All kinds of red tape. 


(Red tape is an idiom that refers to excessive regulation or rigid conformity to formal rules that is considered redundant or bureaucratic and hinders or prevents action or decision-making.)


我上级是个混球,老板是个大混球。


My boss is a dick. The owner? Super dick. 


我不够资格和他面对面。


I'm not worthy or whatever to meet him.


那地方都是翻着死鱼眼的草包,工作时间超长,没人清楚到底怎么回事。


The place is full of dead-eyed douche-bags, the hours suck, and nobody knows what's going on.


听起来有点卡夫卡风格(压抑得让人做噩梦。)


So Sounds kind of Kafkaesque. 


他给你放了这么长的假。


He gives you all this time off. 


都能进最佳老板名单了。


Boss hall of fame. 


他们得加把劲了。


They're going to have to get on the stick. 


(Get on the stick: To organize oneself and begin working on something)


做个小反应测试好吗?看看情况。揭开真相的时刻?


Just going to do a quick peripheral response, all right? See where we're at. Moment of truth, huh?


有点刺痛。


A tingle.


好了,1到10级表示,


Okay, on a scale of one to ten, ten being your normal level of feeling and one being no feeling at all. 


看起来,神经系统在恢复了。


It looks like some nerve function is returning. 


那我们什么时候可以让他走动走动?


All right, so when do we get him walking again? 


适当调整我们的期待值很重要。但即使是数月的艰苦努力,成功几率也不是很大。


Marie, it's important that we manage our expectations. We're talking about months of very hard work, and even then the odds, they're not great. 


但是你也不能确定。


But you can't know for sure. 


不,不能这样。


No, that's not going to do it. 


越快开始理疗,机会越大。他必须每天理疗。


The sooner physical therapy begins, the better his chances are. He needs daily sessions. Isn't that right?


实际上,你们的健康计划包含每周四次的理疗。


Actually, your plan's treatment program covers four sessions a week. 


你们的定点理疗师大部分还是不错的。


And the therapists in your network are mostly fine. 


简直太令人振奋了。


There's a ringing endorsement. 


(ringing endorsement: a statement that is made with a lot of force in support of something)


健康计划治疗方案医学上完全可信。


Is the health plan's way medically justifiable? Sure.


去他的吧。


You know, screw it. 


我非常理解你的感受。


I get your frustration. 


但是我的建议还是在医保点治疗,不要在计划外进行开支。


But my best advice is stay in the network. Don't go out of pocket. 


我是说请人护理、家里的设施改造、职业疗法和医疗设备。


We're talking nursing care, modifications to your home, occupational therapy, medical equipment.


费用可能高达几十万美金。


It could run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. 


我们要在汉克的医护方案中选择妥协吗?


We're just supposed to compromise on his care?


但是他们恐怕不在医保范围内。去他妈的医保。


But they're not likely to be on your plan. To hell with the plan. 


你还没来,我就先开始了。


I went ahead and started without you. 


女士们,蒙住你们的耳朵。


Ladies, cover your ears.


听我说,这是一家信誉良好,盈利颇丰,至少是有潜力的本地机构,商会颇为器重。


This is a squeaky-clean, highly profitable-- at least potentially-- local institution, looked upon with favor by the Chamber of Commerce. 


才卖31万美元,比抢都划算。


At $312,000, it's a steal. 


表面看来,这是家美甲店,但是实际上,对于一个事业刚做起来的小伙子而言,是洗钱圣地。


On the outside, it's a nail salon, right? On the inside, it's the best money laundry a growing boy could ask for.


容我解释一下。


Humor me here for a second. 


(Humor me: To do something for someone, when it seems stupid, explain something, physically do something for specified person)


我帮你安排,弄个幌子,洗钱之类的?


Placement, layering, integration?


我送个3个字,IRS。


Because I got three little letters for you. IRS.


你在party狂欢,跟辣妹们打得火热。


You're partying hearty. You're knocking boots with the chickie babes.


knock boots: copulate


是税务局的人。


It's the tax man. 


错,错得离谱。


Wrong. Million times worse. 


你逃税漏税。


You're a tax cheat. 


他们拿走每一分钱,而你因为逃税去坐牢。


They take every penny, and you go in the can for felony tax evasion.


你贩毒得来的赃款就摇身一变成为干净漂亮的合法收入了,通过理性投资,你的事业蒸蒸日上。


Your filthy drug money has been transformed into nice, clean, taxable income, brought to you by a savvy investment in a thriving business. 


资历深的人有优待。


It's privileges of seniority and all. 


我们要讲道理呀。


Listen to reason. 


Walter,你看上去很困惑。


Walter, you seem troubled. 


我提出来见你,是想要澄清事实。


I asked to see you in order to clear the air. 


我觉得最明智的做法,就是打开天窗说亮话。


I think it's in our best interest to lay the cards on the table. 


我相信我才是他们的首要目标。不过,出于某些原因,他们转移了目标,去杀我的连襟。


I believe I was their prime target, but that somehow they were steered away from me to my brother-in-law. 


然而,我还是觉得这位仁兄的计划并不那么简单。


And yet I think that this person was playing a much deeper game. 


他打这通电话,是希望引起双方交火,而不是一次隐秘的暗杀行动。


He made that phone call because he wanted a shootout, not a silent assination. 


一石二鸟,两败俱伤。让墨美政府共同打击贩毒集团,切断西南地区的冰毒供应。


In one stroke he bloodied both sides, set the American and Mexican governments against the cartel, and cut off the supply of methamphetamine to the Southwest.


如果这个人在边境的这边有自己的货源的话,那么他就独吞了整个市场。


If this man had his own source of product on this side of the border he would have the market to himself. 


在其为,某其职,我也会怎么做。


In your position, I wouldn't done the same. 


有一件事,困扰着...


One issue which troubles me


延长一年,就是1200万一年。一共就是1500万。随时可以修改。


Extended annually, twelve million a year. Call it fifteen. Open-ended. 


之所以要谈论这些,生活中的不堪往事,是为了告诫所有人不要再犯同样的错误,将那些故态复萌的恶习扼杀在摇篮里。


Part of the reason we talk about what gets us riled up, in our daily lives is to help each other put a finger on what our relapse triggers might be, head off our d敏i敏s敏ea敏s敏e before it comes back. 


rile someone up: to get someone exicited and angry


put a finger on: ?to recognize or recal fully, clearly or correctly


relapse triggers 毒瘾复发


head off: try to stop something from happening


随便怎么抱怨都行。


Free license to bitch and moan. 



赚更多的钱。


Make more green, man, a lot more. 


高中时我上过职业技术课,木材加工什么的。


I took this vo-tech class in high school, wood working. 


我猜他年轻的时候可能是海军陆战队之类的。


I guess he was, like, a Marine or something before he got old. 


他有点耳背。


He was hard of hearing.


我在他课上的作业是做一个木盒子。


My project for his class was to make this wooden box.


这学期剩下的课就可以全翘了。只要我做了东西,他就不能给我不及格。


I figured I could cut classes for the rest of the semester, and he couldn't flunk me as long as I, you know, made the thing.


它看上去很烂。


It looked pretty lame, but it worked. 


所以我把它展示给Pike老师看,让他给我打成绩。


So when I showed it to Mr. Pike for my grade, he looked at it and said, "Is that the best you can do?"


At first I thought to myself, "Hell, yeah, bitch. "Now give me a D and shut up so I can go blaze one with my boys. " 


太烂了。


It sucked. 


我做了一个又一个,到了学期结束,我一共做了五个盒子,你们真该看看我做的那个盒子。


I made another, then another, and by the end of the semester, by, like, box number five, I had built this thing. You should've seen it. 


用钉子钉在一起,没用螺丝。我用砂纸磨了好几遍,直到磨得像玻璃一样光滑。


It was fitted with pegs, no screws. I sanded it for days until it was smooth as glass. 


然后我用桐油来上漆,所以盒子看上去色泽丰富浓厚。


Then I rubbed all the wood with tung oil so it was rich and dark.


大学里有开设艺术合作社的课程,还有成人拓展教育项目。


They have art co-ops that offer classes, adult extension program at the university. 


你不能拒绝帮英雄报销医疗费。


You don't deny coverage to a hero. 


你会花光你所有的积蓄的。


You'll burn through your savings, and then what? 




Well, I just thought I'd stop by to see how you're holding up.


我们很关心Skyler,所以自然而然也关心整个家庭。


You know, we care about Skyler so much that naturally that extends to the whole family. 


我真的累了。得去洗个澡。


I am really beat. I think I'm going to take that bath. 


因为汉克这档子事,我们还惊魂未定。


It's just this whole thing with Hank has been one non-stop horror show.


我真不该来。


Bad idea to come here.


肯定相当郁闷。


Must've been, like depressing. 


那损失的确很大。


For real. That's a stone loss. 


搞这种东西还能搞出责任来了,这算什么事。


What's the point of being an outlaw when you've got responsibilities? 


一点没错。


True that. 


真的什么鬼。糟透了。


What the hell's up with that? That's messed up, yo. 


让我们重新来过,东山再起吧。


Let's kick it back into gear. Let's start slinging again.


可能风光不再,不过至少比没有强吧。


Yo, maybe it ain't top shelf, but we could at least move it. 


还可以再搞一把。


Still kind of dry out there. 


产量多少?


What's the yield? 


我看到好几张陌生面孔。


I see a couple new faces.


我曾经戒了几次。


Thought I had it kicked a couple times, you know, but then Jesus.


那玩意真是太够劲了。


It was like lighting my whole head on fire. 


我要找媒体,他们一定会报道出来的。


I will go to the press. They will all take it, and they will run with it.


其实归根到底就是钱的事情。


And, uh what it all came down to really was money. 


所以他一门心思都放在这件事上。


So he put his mind do it.


所以只要有空,Walt就跑牌桌上去赌博了。


Every spare minute, Walt was at some card table somewhere.


地下赌场


You find another place to gamble, like an illegal, backroom game. 


你还记得她失踪的那些事吗?


You remember all those long walks that Walt used to take.


我想至少有几个月的时间,你都过着双重生活。


I guess for a couple months there you were sort of leading a double life, weren't you? 


你上次所谓的神游出走,是为了掩饰这个吗?


Your fugue state, was that some sort of cover? 


那是他的养老家,还有我们的存款,基本上可以说倾家荡产了。


It was his pension fund, our savings, basically every last dime we had to our name, gone. 


所以他无法接受,他死的心都有了。


He couldn't live with it. He was suicidal. 


简直是无法自拔。


I mean, that's how deep this went. 


7位数。


It's in the seven figures. 


汉克已经有太多烦心事了。


Hank's got enough on his mind right now, so can we just please keep this between us? 


评论

© 立派起来哟西 | Powered by LOFTER